Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Jordo's Killer Cookin'

I can't help but look outside and see the torrential downpours occurring out my window. Its almost JUNE! I know this is Oregon, but this forecast is absurd. 

Usually by this time of year I am grillin' up slow-cooked barbecue ribs, chicken kabobs and any other kind of protein I can get my grimey hands on. I miss the nights where dinner is set in stone- BBQ- the only question was just "What to grill?" I am getting so absolutely tortured by the one day a week 70-degree-days we are having that I am going to prepare myself for summer by sharing some of my world famous recipes with you. (you're welcome)

First on my list of  Jordo's Killer Cookin' my favorite. RIBS.

What you will need:
Rack o' Pork Ribs-duh.
Sauce:
Ketchup
Mustard
Worcestershire Sauce
Brown Sugar
One F*ckin Drop at a A Time Hot Sauce (optional)
1/4 cup molasses
1/8 tsp. mesquite smoke (just a few drops - optional)
Sea salt
Black pepper, freshly ground
Garlic 
I mix all the ingredients together in a sauce pan over low heat to make the most mouth watering sauce ever. I do everything by eye (mostly). And taste it frequently until I get it exactly how I want it. I take the ribs and I rinse them and dry them. I then rub a generous amount of brown sugar on them. Dab a few drops of the hot sauce (and it is HOT). I cover them with the sauce and then I wrap the suckers in some tin foil and s l o w cook them either on the BBQ for 3-5 hours over medium heat. OR inside (because the weather sucks) at about 250 degrees for anywhere from 4-7 hours. This makes them so sweet, savory and fall off the bone delicious you will be thanking me later.



Next on my list is "The" Pasta Salad
You will need:
1 box of Rigitoni spiral pasta
1 box of Farfalle pasta
1 Large box of stuffed cheese tortellini
1 package Pepperoni (large)
1 package Pepperoni (mini)
1 package Salami
1 package Pepperjack Cheese
1 package Colby Jack Cheese
1 package shredded Parmesean Cheese
Bell Peppers (red, green, yellow, orange)
Cucumber

Small red tomatoes
Red onion
Whole black olives
Pepperoncinis
Newman's Own Cheese and Garlic salad dressing (<--secret ingredient)
It's pretty self explanatory. Boil the pasta. Cut the veggies. Mix. And grub. 


My next famous dish is the ever loved Chicken Kabobs and Garlic Fried Rice
You will need:
Hand trimmed boneless chicken breasts
Bell peppers
Pineapple (if you want)
Onion (white and sweet)
White rice
Eggs
Garlic
Peas and carrots (totally optional)
Soy Sauce
Butter
We take the chicken and cut it into 1' long pieces and marinate it in your choice of sauce/rub (I prefer garlic and green onion marinade). Then you cut your veggies. I usually put the veggies on their own kabob because they need to cook longer. Then you stab the chicken on the stick, making sure it's nice and marinated. *Throw the veggies on while you make your rice.* You can cook the pineapples straight on the grill as well. Cook desired amount of minute white rice. Scramble up some eggs. Melt some butter. Add some garlic cloves and salt to the butter. Throw it in the freezer. Add the peas and carrots if ya want. Add the eggs. Then scoop some garlic butter and a lil soy sauce in the mix -STIR. Throw the chicken on the barbie. Cook about 6 minutes per side until nice and marked up. Pull your veggies and chicken off. Lay em on top of your rice. And voila! (You might wanna grab a breath mint too).
This is the most I can share with you guys for now. But you better believe that once the sun actually stays I will be posting pics and recipes weekly. Ciao!
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment