Saturday, April 9, 2011

Pencil Art...

Most of us will agree with the age-old saying that “patience is a virtue.”

 However, how many people do you know that would actually wait two and a half years to bring a piece of art into existence? 
Dalton Ghetti, 49, has spent almost half his life working with a razor blade, a sewing needle and a sculpting knife for carving his unique and intricate artwork on the graphite of pencil. No, I did not mention a magnifying glass because he refuses to use one.


 Dalton says "I don't make money from it, but would love a gallery owner in England to fly me over." Excuse me while I pick my jaw up from the floor but did he just say he spends 2 and a half years carving pencil lead into tiny pieces of artwork for...no profit?! This guy is so talented, can someone get midgets and sextuplet parents OFF daytime television and get this guy a SHOW?!
Hanging Heart

Elvis

Saw

Lovin' Love

I don't know about you guys, but this is a rare trait that Dalton has and he needs to be spotlighted. Spread the love and the word.
xox

To view more from Dalton check him out at: 
http://www.bestdesigntuts.com/pencil-sculpture-by-dalton-ghetti/

No comments:

Post a Comment