Monday, April 11, 2011

Beer Bottle Caps; Things you never thought they'd do

I live with 3 guys, and if your house is anything like mine, you wake up with beer bottles and pizza boxes covering the counters. I spend most of my days cleaning...throwing out Budlight, Heinekin, and Corona caps off the sticky counter tops. After doing a little Spring cleaning this past weekend I found myself sweeping up an abundance of bottle caps up from under our furniture...
Not even joking.

Naturally, I thought to myself, "What could I use these memories of sleepless nights and awful hangovers for?" My friend, Ryan Nicholas, had accumulated many Bud Light bottle caps (shocking!) and decided to glue them to the top of a plastic crate for his "man cave". He used the crate as a stand for a lamp, and the pattern was actually quite amazing. He even made me a Portland Trail Blazer colored crate for our house topped with roughly 50 BL bottle caps. I thought this was a great idea and wondered what else could you use these metal circles for besides collecting dust under your couches???

I did a little research and found there was MANY uses for them! My other friend, Tracie Benjamin, takes beer bottle caps and turns them into earrings. She sells them for $6 a pair and they are super cute for everything from a day on the river, to a night out on the town. 


Beer-rings: $6/Pair contact Tracie @:elitepromodels@gmail.com or find her stuff on Etsy


Another adorable idea I found was taking your collection of bottle caps and turning them into bracelets. Anything from Old-School Coca-Cola caps to Heinekin bottles. Figuring out which drinks have the best caps....could lead to a very fun Friday night. Research, of course.









Bottle cap jewelry

From PBR flowered hair accessories.....

To bottle cap necklaces.... 


                                                                                
and beer pong tables (Genius!) 

Beer bottle caps can be reduced, re-used and recycled into modern pieces of jewelry and art.

So think twice before you sweep up those circular dust traps and try investing in one of these:
Buy here
Cheers beer drinkers !
                xox



1 comment: