Saturday, April 23, 2011

Fab food 'N Awesome Atmospheres

Portland, Oregon may be known for it's many microbreweries...


It's ridiculous amount of strip clubs...


Being one of the most 'environmentally friendly' cities in the WORLD...
And located just hours away from the mountain...
Shreadows at Meadows
the beach...
Pacific City
and the desert...       

Brasada Ranch
But if there's one thing that stands out the most (especially to this hoover)


it's...


if that doesn't cure a hangover...not sure what will.

THE FOOD!

I'll be giving you a list of my favorite restaurants located here and ONLY here in Orygun!


Drum roll please........


snail? tulip? penis??
My first restaurant pick is the one and only Montage located across the Willamette, under the Morrison bridge in downtown Portland. In the mix of great art, fine craft cocktails, boldly flavored food and a lively atmosphere, Montage provides an unforgettable experience. A must see for travelers and a comforting reminder of youthful indiscretion for locals. You can enjoy a wide variety of meals, from rock shrimp pesto linguini to alligator jambalaya! (they even wrap your food to go in tin foil shapes)

Holy mole! These balls are on fire
Next on my list is Salvador Molly's. The Bold Vibrant Flavors don’t get lost in translation. Salvador Molly's staff, friends and customers travel the globe, then come home hungry for more of the exciting variety of flavors this fascinating world we live in has to offer. So, although the adventure may end, they continue serving up the dishes they’ve discovered. From their world famous 'Great balls of fire' to their 'Molly's Hot Tamales' there is nothing on this menu that won't satisfy your appetite beyond belief. 


Porker-town's own, Fat City
Voted "Best place for a hangover brunch" in Portland, OR, Fat City Cafe tops the charts for home cookin'. Breakfast is served all day...so for those of you late starters ( such as myself ) you can roll out of bed at 3pm, mosey on down to this joint and fill up on hashbrowns, freshly cooked eggs and the most magnificent cinnamon rolls you have EVER had. Located in the heart of Multnomah Village, the cafĂ© is where roadside diner meets greasy spoon.... meets soda fountain. It's super cute with it's walls of license plates and old town memorabilia. 


wingies+bleu cheese=my heaven.
I pretty much would do bad things for good wings. And this place tops the charts. Nepo42's is located on 42nd and Killingsworth in North East Portland. They have an amaz-o southern menu consisting of Chicken and Waffles, catfish and mac 'n cheese. But the WINGS are to die for. Smoked outside and deep fried to perfection I could easily throw back 15-25 in one sitting. They make their own chunkaliscious bleu cheese that ends up turning into a cocktail when I'm done because I just can't get enough. During Blazer games they serve 'em up .50 cents a wing along with $2 tall boy Old German's beer, Cheap. Fabulous. And unforgettable. Not to mention they have like 25 beers on tap. 






I could probably keep going on my fav places to eat, but check these ones out and let me know. Good places to chow down are hard to find. Lucky for me I live in a city where they are so plentiful. Not so lucky for my love handles, but hey, you only live once. Nom nom nom nom nom.
Dig in kids!
xox

6 comments:

  1. surely Easter will not be complete without your thoughts on Peeps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate 'em! They're gross, chalky, and way to sweet! ( butterfinger bunnies are my fav, FYI ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Michelle! I am following you now too :) I love Brazil you are so lucky!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm....I havent been to 2 of the 4 places on here. Looks like we have a cpl stops to make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fat City for hangovers=amazing and Salvador Molly's for some fireballs and drinks...PERF.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know me pretty well Maloney!!! Lets plan it!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete